Postnatal Doula Support
It takes a tribe to raise a child – being pregnant, giving birth and then getting to know your baby takes
up lots of energy – A postnatal Doula can help give you a break leaving you time to focus on yourself and your new baby!
Postnatal support is as varied as the people I meet. Be it a few hours a week to have someone to talk things through with, someone to hold the baby for an hour while you have a shower, someone to do the dishes or prep your meals for a couple of days whilst you focus on bonding with your baby. Postnatal support is about supporting your individual needs and encouraging your natural instincts. It’s not your job to be Superwoman; taking care of yourself aids bonding and enables you to better care for your family.
Every family’s needs are different and unique, but support may include:
– Reflecting on and listening to your birth experience;
– Caring for your baby whilst you have a shower or bath;
– Making light meals/snacks;
– Light housework eg. clearing away the dishes, emptying the dishwasher;
– Advice on babywearing – slings and carriers;
– Support and encouragement on helping you meet your baby’s needs.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your individual needs. It doesn’t matter whether or not I have seen you antenatally, I am available to all women as a Postnatal Doula.
I charge £12.50 per hour for postnatal services.
Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of those around you – Robin S Sharma